Monday 5 March 2012

Tough weekend

Well I spent this weekend in the hospital, it's the first time in my life I have ever spent a night in hospital and the food was worse then I expected! I'm fine now just got to take things easy for a few days which given that doing half a sink of dishes tired me out I think I should be able to manage!

What happened was I had pretty bad stomach pain on Thurs night so took a few pills for wind etc and hoped it would go away but the next morning it was still bad so I went to the GP who suspected appendicitis and sent me straight to hospital. I got an ultrasound pretty quickly (about 5 hours after I arrived I'm told that I was lucky to get it same day) and then the scans got lost! So the doctors decided to be cautious and kept me in planning on doing a keyhole surgery the next day to see what was going on.

Next morning I wasn't as sore, I was hungry and the pain wasn't on my right side anymore so the docs decided not appendix and everyone stopped moving fast on stuff, gynecology came to see me and said I wasn't theirs (still my scans were lost) and surgery decided to keep me in a little longer just to keep an eye on me.

Sunday morning I felt much better, not so much pain as a bit bruised and worn out and woohoo my scans had been found and it was a gynecology problem. I had an ovarian cyst which bled into itself, its not serious, it just hurts like hell, so they sent me home with panadol and said take it easy for a few days! Would have been home Friday if they hadn't lost my bloody scans!

All in all though it wasn't too bad, very boring and I will be getting a smart phone before I go in for my back surgery! The nurses were lovely and the other patients were really really nice! The food was amazingly bad! Pizza and chips! Bad pizza and bad chips for dinner, and tiny portions! Thank you Conan for bringing me in decent food!

Really nice to be home now! Best nights sleep ever last night! And great lie in!

.....As for the veggie stuff, well I've gone back to eating beef, and had a lovely casserole last Sunday also had Chinese beef satay on wed night and a few bites of left overs about 5 mins before I doubled over in pain on Thurs! I'm not sure if that means anything but it has got me wondering, I think I'll stay veggie for the next week or so and then when I try it again if I get sick thats that for meat!

3 comments:

  1. Hospital food is simply dreadful, especially in the public system (although the meals I've had at private hospitals haven't been that much better).
    I'm glad you got the scan! A 4 hour wait or longer seems quite normal in most cases, although with suspected appendicitis, it's way too slow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just came across this article, hospitals with McDonalds in them! Ridiculous!
      http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4535/26-American-Hospitals-Have-McDonalds-WTF.html

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't mind it as long as they restrict McD to serving healthier stuff - salads (without dressings), fresh fruit, etc. But I bet they would (could) never do such a thing!

    ReplyDelete