Monday 12 September 2011

Facet Joint Injections

So last Thursday I had my facet joint injections in my neck, I think its cortisone they injected me with. The idea is to reduce the pain in my joints from inflammation. http://www.royalfree.nhs.uk/pip_admin/docs/facet_joint_injections_111.pdf  .....I didn’t get any sedative!
It hurt like hell, it was really, really, awful I cried like a little girl, and cursed like a sailor and felt like such a fool as they wheeled me back to the ward still sobbing. Especially after I’d seen all these other people say it was a little sore when they arrived back on the ward before it was my turn. Felt a little better when I saw the other woman who was having her neck done, she was just as bad. Apparently your neck is the most painful place, so I think they purposely left us till the end so as not to scare anyone else! I was told not to shower for 48 hours, to which I replied “but I’ve work tomorrow” and the doc said “eh no you don’t”. So I had to ring my new boss and get off Friday, mostly due to the risk that I could just black out at any stage for the next 48hours. All Friday I was fairly out of it and sore and battered so just as well wasn’t working.
By Saturday I felt like someone had taken a baseball bat to my neck and pounded as hard as they could. But on Saturday afternoon I noticed the normal pain was gone. The relief was amazing, so strange to not hurt that I broke down crying (it seems to be my thing at the moment). An hour or so later the pain came back and it’s been there since, Today is a particularly bad day, I always have good and bad days, I’m on the verge of tears (again) and I just don’t know what to do, I’m going to go have a bath and hope the water helps, I need these injections to work, they still could, I need it! I’m so worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment