Thursday 22 September 2011

Gotta be proactive!

Well I’m off sick from work for a few days at the least, hoping the new pain killers kick in, it’s been very hard going lately, hard to concentrate and not able to do any prep when I got home, not really an issue with the GCSE classes, I know the stuff I did the notes up last year they just needed tweeking a little, but the Upper sixth classes have really been rough, I can’t concentrate with the pain and I’m getting confused over stuff I know, and sitting down to write up notes is a nightmare. So I’m off sick, still having to send in cover work though so I’m not sure how much easier it is. I’m not happy to have called in sick, so far in however many years with the pain I’ve never actually missed work because of it, I’ve kinda just muddled on, sure I missed work for docs visits etc but not due to the actual pain. That’s depressing me, cause I don’t think I’ve suddenly become a whimp, I think it means it’s just gotten that much worse.
The doc has put me on new tablets, Amitriptyline, it’s an anti depressant which in small doses works as a painkiller, ...I looked it up to make sure the doc wasn’t fibbing and just thought I needed a pick up. I’m not allowed drink and the main side effect seems to be makes you sleepy, on the plus side I slept like the dead last night on the down side I’m fairly wrecked today. Fingers crossed it wprls, I have another appointment on Wed.
I’ve decided to be as proactive as I can be, so I’m going to do gentle exercise today and tomorrow and I have physio tomorrow gonna dig for ideas and then probably join the gym up the road, which is close enough I have no excuse and has a deal on for 6 weeks so can join and see if I use it, and it has sauna and steam room which I think may do me as much good as the pool. I’m gonna try to eat well as well, I’m wearing copper jewellery, even round the house, drinking my celery seeds and I start a Herbal medicine course in Cardiff Uni on Sat and shall be getting all the advice and suggestions off the teacher I can!
In other news we have a friend from Ireland visiting, Conan is just gone to pick him up, the apt is not as clean as I’d like and that’s really really annoying me! But I’m just not able!
Proactive! I can do it! Need to get the pain under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment