Monday 28 November 2011

Busy bee! Herbs, Cooking, Bench time :)

Well I’ve been at my bench pretty much all day, quite proud of myself that I had the discipline to stay there with no real deadline hanging over my head. I had been worried that once I stopped teaching and I had “lots of” time, I would end up being really slow in what I got done. But I did good today, when I stopped for a rest it was because my back needed it, I did my stretches and I’m feeling pretty sore now but I think I’ll go have a bath to make the ache go away.
I finished teaching last week, but a million other things happened and I did have to go in Monday and tues last week so this is my first real week unemployed. I’ve planned out some exercise for Tues wed and thurs so we can see if I can start to make things really better, and I have a doctor’s appointment on Thursday with my GP. See if she can give me some answers about the surgery and that as well get my blood pressure etc checked. I have a feeling the amitriptiline has lowered my blood pressure and I just want it checked.
I had my herbal medicine class on sat which was fab and I now plan this week on trying to make a chilli ointment to see if that helps with my neck, heat generally helps and it’s very awkward to keep a hot water bottle up on my neck all the time, so going to give ointment a go. Really really enjoying the class, and actually enjoyed doing the homework so going to try spend some time over the next few weeks reading up on herbs in some of the million books I picked up over the years. Just from doing my homework I have decided I should eat more Coriander and Tumeric and that my aloe vera plant is amazing, and I really want to attempt to sauté nettles! I’m also hooked on nettle tea at the mo, maybe my body is trying to cleanse itself.
We had lots of people over on sat night, was really good to see people and be social, but a lot of work! Too many people with too many allergies/preferences etc at one time, but I think everyone got fed in the end and we’ve been eating the leftovers since. I had sushi for breakfast yesterday and apple crumble for brunch today! Still doing the dishes too! Our sink is blocked a bit I think and it takes ages for the water to go down, so we have to wash a sink full and leave it for an hour or so to go down before the next one, of course once you’ve gone off to do something you tend to forget to come back, so I think probably about 3 sinks left to go!
My neck was in serious pain by the end of sat, so I took it very easy yesterday and both of us had a day of nothing! I spent ages online talking to people in etsy forums and reading and we played age of the empires cause we’re big kids and we watched some true blood, which I just can’t get fast enough! Got another one to watch tonight J
Hope everyone is well!

2 comments:

  1. A thinner long heat pack filled with rice or wheat, and heated in the microwave can be draped around necks. I don't know how I'd survive without mine!

    If making a heat pack, just make sure the fabric and thread used is cotton (or maybe linen), with no metal. I'm sure some of the synthetics are fine to microwave, but I never want to risk it.

    AofE is fun, but I haven't played it in forever. Currently playing Oblivion (RPG), but in the language I am learning -- then I can pretend it's studying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't actually have a microwave, when we first moved to the UK we were stone cold broke and then we coped fine and didn't bother to get one.

    I'm gonna make an ointment rather then a pack because the weight of anything on my shoulders makes the pain worse :(

    Never heard of Oblivion, I try to avoid comp games they eat up your time, but AOE is just a little switch off my brain for a few hours and play with the boy shouting back and forth between rooms :)

    ....it's not studying! Get out there and talk to some Germans!

    ReplyDelete