Monday 21 November 2011

I'm a teacher no more!

Well I’m finished, I’m no longer a teacher, I have one last role to fill with a parents evening tomorrow but otherwise I’m done. Part of me is just relieved, I wasn’t able and it was sucking the life out of me, I can now recoup, do the exercise I’m meant to and build up my business. But there is another huge chunk of me that is sad, I spent a long time training to be a teacher, I put in a lot of work last year prepping notes thinking ah well they’ll stand to me afterwards and now that’s gone. On the other hand I don’t need to worry about appearances so much anymore, my hair has been died uber red again now and my hippy skirt and big snow boots were worn all weekend, I can be me again.
I do of course still need to live, so I need to get my ass in gear with the business, I have myself a giant to do list and I’m trying to tick off stuff, but no one seems  to be answering their bloody phone and folksy is being very very slow to upload listings! But we’ll get there!
I’m on the mail list for this company yoga fever and very interested in some of their offers, thinking I’ll go for the £25 for unlimited yoga in December and if I manage to use it I may try scrounge the money together for January, also thinking about the course of workshops in the new year. The fitter I can get the better! But for now back to my phone calls.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the business, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers hun! Need all the publicity I can get feel free to post links anywhere and everywhere :)

    How's the edit going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will do!

    Edits are big and scary. Need to make my protagonist more well-rounded and interesting. Need to turn two supporting characters into one and significantly change the plot. Still a lot of work to do.

    ReplyDelete