Wednesday 9 November 2011

Spinal Surgery eeek!

Well the doctors appointment lived up to my expectations and crushed me!
He wants to operate and replace the disc that’s giving me hassle in my lower back. Currently it’s the biggest problem, my neck pain is mostly controllable (says she lying down with a hot water bottle propped behind her neck after popping a load of painkillers) and I get the impression nothing he can really do about that. But when he saw the MRI scan (which is at this stage 6 months old) and given that recently I’ve been having trouble with stairs and things like putting on my socks so it seems to be getting worse, he suggested this disc replacement surgery, he said there is no amount of drugs or exercise which can make it better. So I think I have to go for it! It’s a while off anyway, all these things take time, waiting lists etc, it’s not life threatening so doesn’t count as urgent which is fair enough, I’m scared enough of the whole thing to not really be in a rush!  A few tests and stuff to be done beforehand as well.
The thing that has me really freaked out is the idea that he’s going in through my tummy! I have a mental image of some movie I saw where I think it was a Vampire that pushed his hand through someone’s stomach grabbed their spine and snapped! I know that’s not what’s going to happen the boy even spent a while last night poking my stomach to illustrate how that’s not even possible, but the mental image won’t go away.
I also started this new tablet pregabalin on Sunday night which has been throwing my sense of balance out of whack, I went to bed Monday night with the spinnys and woke up with them still, yay! If it lasts the week I’m gonna go talk to the doc, I was only a little dizzy last night! Fingers crossed!
Bailed on Yoga and will be bailing on Tai Chi I think, I was too tired and wanted a day in with no people and just the boy and bunnies. Really stressed at the mo, and I never classed myself as someone who gets stressed! Need a break and some happy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment