Sunday 2 October 2011

It's exercise time!

Well I’ve thrown myself into exercise this week, I think it’s probably the best way I have of dealing with the pain and making sure it doesn’t get worse, of course I may have done a little too much at once! And now I’m done for!
I started Tai Chi on Wed, which was really really interesting, I think it’s going to do a lot for my posture and for my stress, and I know my pain is worse when I’m stressed, I’m also quite interested in reading up about it and finding out about chi etc.
I started Yoga on Thurs, I’ve done yoga before, gone to multiple teachers and I like a fairly fast class since Ashtanga is the type I originally did. This class was pretty awful, she teaches a really slow type of yoga with no flow, also she didn’t really seem to teach us the basics, not so important for me since I’ve done it before, but quite important for the newbie’s. I pulled my lower back and it’s been pretty sore since! I’m gonna go back to her next week probably but if still don’t like her I’m finding another class!
Friday I didn’t plan anything, I was really sore from the exercise and the walk to the train station and back was probably enough, I passed out around 8 on the sofa and then curled up in bed with my book.
Saturday I went to my first ever Zumba class, my friends gym had an open day, fantastic fun! But oh god it was about 20mins too long! My legs were not having any of it by half way through I just couldn’t get them to move! Went for a nice dip in the pool (we didn’t bother to swim just floated and chatted) Jacuzzi and steam room, I felt pretty good leaving the gym! Need to join one, just for the pool and the steam room, heat seems to help my back pain, I always feel much better after a steam, not so much the sauna. Unfortunatly that one is really nice but it’s too far away, I’d never walk up and no point in having to get a bus to the gym. Ended up spending sat eve running around Canton playing an interactive game everwake http://www.everwakethegame.co.uk/ Which was good fun.
So I’m dead today! My legs thighs etc are in bits from Zumba, my feet are literally in bits from running in not runners around canton and my back is still really quite sore from Yoga, when I bend over I’m not sure I can get back up! So called in sick for work tomorrow, I’ve got work ready to email in for the kids and they already have my sick note from the doc. I handed in my written letter of resignation on Friday, and I hope they don’t take too long to find someone, I really can’t deal with the work load and the stress of not doing the job properly and feeling bad for the kids! I’m still zombiefied from the tablets too! The exercise is helping, but I could sleep all day if I let myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment